It was published last week that Microsoft will formally discontinue development of the Forfront product lineup. This will mean that all discontinued Forefront offerings will no longer be available for purchase as of Dec. 1, 2012. Microsoft will continue to provide maintenance and support for the remaining Forefront solutions already deployment through the standard Microsoft support life-cycle.
The following Forefront-branded solutions will be dropped from the roadmap:
- Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE)
- Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint (FPSP)
- Forefront Security for Office Communications Server (FSOCS)
- Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 (TMG)
- Forefront Threat Management Gateway Web Protection Services (TMG WPS)
Further details on support life-cycles and products that will be rebadged are mentioned in the below link: